Subject: Re: -current. . . Did I screw up?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/1999 12:58:47
--==_Exmh_2063081224P

In message <19990804112301.A2811@antioche.lip6.fr>you write:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 06:25:44PM -0700, D.Joyce wrote:
> > I did a make build last night.  When I got up this morning
> > The system was sitting at at an error. . .  the lines before
> > were something to the effect of rm -f /usr/lib/libc.so.12
> > ln -s ....  something. . .  then an error about ln not finding
> > libc.so.12.. . . Duh! It got deleted!  Did I do something wrong?
> > I did compile the gnu fileutil package to get ls to have color.
> > is there a way to man cp, rm, mv, ln, ls, etc. . . be self contained
> > to prevent this in the future?
>
> My guess is that you have something in your environement which makes
> it use ln from gnu fileutil rather than the NetBSD one (which lives in /bin
> and is statically compiled, as cp, rm, mv, ls).
> You can recover from this by:
> cd /usr/lib
> ln -s libc.so.12.44 libc.so.12

But probably it is due to the elf-switch on i386, which happened a couple of
days ago...

Grüße
        Oskar

--==_Exmh_2063081224P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBN6gc57A63tqjeAhZAQG1NQQAuMPJYYy4tZNApr49pGEn8AtHb8mPL2m8
Cdw6/5Sd24sN6Sr7CgZrdRTXrg0TciiJApdnO7oLr6h85WXYfBpYA51jw0rU+LVa
ptbjmvs4mqgtcDzyfv67EwuwKksh1HXS0xa4f9aywlMK1emBr310Fvs8PiZ0Nuj6
Ux3eVjC44PA=
=hTKJ
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_2063081224P--