Subject: Web load causes reboot
To: None <netbsd-bugs@netbsd.org>
From: Koos de Haan <sdehaan@caiw.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1999 13:09:08
Hi,

When i was testing NetBSD 1.4 i discovered that my machine rebooted when i=
 put some load to the apache web server.
I use the ab program for testing, this come's with the apache distibution.=
 The apache server version is 1.3.6

I can reproduce the problem on different i386 hardware (different memory ,=
 different CPU, different NIC). However my Sparc SS20 doesn't have the=
 problem.. Just starting ab -n 1000 -c 40 http://<server_under_test/  on a=
 client, causes the server to reboot after some seconds.

Looking in the database it looks like the problem discribed in Bug Report #7=
620
=20
The problem is repeatable with NetBSD 1.4 and later (Also with the -current=
 version). I try'd some different kernel's (more BUFCACHE and NMBCLUSTERS)=
 but that doesn't matter.=20
NetBSD 1.3.2 doesn't seem to suffer from this problem (I have not tested=
 NetBSD 1.3.3)

I do have a setup with -current to test a possible solution, or to get more =
info.

Regards,

Koos de Haan

-
--

Kabelfoon BV
Industriestraat 30, Postbus 45, 2670 AA  NAALDWIJK