Subject: Build failure in libtelnet
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1999 16:11:16
Hi, when trying to build the world after a (long overdue) upgrade to the
latest snapshot, I Get the following errors in src/lib/libtelnet.  auth.c
defines auth_status as having no parameters, where auth-proto.h declares
it as taking a char*.  There have been no changes to either of theese
files for quite some time.  What is supposed to be preventing this
problem?

Thanks,
	Rick

cc -O2  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Werror   -DHAS_CGETENT -DENCRYPTION -DAUTHENTICATION -DKRB4 -DDES_ENCRYPTION -I/usr/src/lib/libtelnet/../../crypto-us/lib/libtelnet -I/usr/include/kerberosIV -I/usr/src/lib/libtelnet -c auth.c
auth.c: In function `auth_status':
auth.c:316: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
auth-proto.h:80: prototype declaration
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
auth.c: In function `auth_request':
auth.c:366: warning: implicit declaration of function `printsub'
auth.c: In function `auth_is':
auth.c:492: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
auth.c: In function `auth_reply':
auth.c:510: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
auth.c: In function `auth_name':
auth.c:523: warning: unused variable `ap'
auth.c: At top level:
auth.c:580: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
auth.c: In function `auth_wait':
auth.c:596: warning: implicit declaration of function `alarm'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Rick Byers                       University of Waterloo, Computer Science
rickb@iaw.on.ca                               http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/