Subject: Re: Recent fs changes broken?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/31/1999 15:41:15
Sure,  here's the exact fstab:

# filesys                       mount   type    access          dump    fsck
# location                      point           + opts          freq    pass
#
/dev/sd0a                       /       ffs     rw              30      1
/dev/sd0b                       none    swap    sw              0       0
pc2:/usr/src                    /usr/src nfs    rw              0       0
pc2:/usr/obj-m68k               /usr/obj nfs    rw              0       0
/dev/sd0g                       /home   ffs     rw              30      2
/dev/sd0b                       /tmp    mfs     rw,-s40960      0       0
kern                            /kern   kernfs  rw              0       0
proc                            /proc   procfs  rw              0       0

/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k /home/paul/slotman-backup null  rw     0       0
/home/paul/slotman       /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k  union rw     0       0

And the failure occurs while running diff:

    diff -u /home/paul/slotman/${file}.base \
	    /home/paul/slotman-backup/${file} \

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

> > I've got a rather nasty, totally reproducible problem with some stacked
> > file systems.  (This is on port-mac68k, in case it matters.)
> >
> > 	/usr/src		 is mounted via nfs
> > 	/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k is nullfs mounted as /home/paul/original
> > 	/home/paul/changes	 is unionfs mounted below /usr/.../mac68k
>

> Just to save us some time trying to figure out what you meant by this,
> can you be brutally specific about what you're doing here (exact fstab
> entries and/or "mount" commands, please?)
>
> Thanks.
>
> 					- Bill

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |