Subject: Re: [HACKERS] More on shared objects problem
To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/1999 13:24:30
Thus spake Tom Lane
> "D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > glaccount.so:
> >          -lpq => /usr/pgsql/lib/libpq.so
> >          -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
>
> Actually, do you even need libpq?  That's a client-side library; I don't
> think it should get linked into shlibs that are intended to be dynlinked
> into the server...

Yah, I was just trying stuff.  As it turns out, PostgreSQL doesn't
recognize NetBSD as an ELF system unless it is a powerpc.  That's
probably correct as it is only -current that is ELF, not the release.
If it helps, here is the output of "file /netbsd" which tells you for
sure it is an ELF system.

/netbsd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, statically linked, not stripped

so;

if [ "`file /netbsd | cut -d' ' -f2`" = "ELF" ]
then elf=yes
fi

Under the netbsd secion of configure_in should do it.