Subject: Problem with libwrap?
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/1999 15:09:25
Maybe I'm just dense, but I seem to be having a problem with libwrap and
inetd.

I've got this in my hosts.allow file:
   sendmail auth domain www ftpd pop3 imap2 sshd:  ALL
   ALL:						   .whooppee.com LOCAL

And this in my hosts.deny file:
   ALL: ALL

Now, if I make an IMAP2 or POP3 connection from within my domain, it
gets accepted, but if I make a connection from outside, it is rejected.

Shouldn't the first line in my .allow file let any host access the
listed services?  (Oh, and yes, I've tried it with just one service
per line in the .allow file;  same results.)

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |