Subject: Problem with dlopen and PostgreSQL - load of file failed
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, hackers@PostgreSQL.org>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/1999 09:06:05
Note:  Sent to NetBSD and PostgreSQL mailing lists as I am not sure
exactly where the problem lies.

I am running PostgreSQL 6.5 on a NetBSD system running -current.  When
I try to include my user defined type I get the following error.

ERROR:  Load of file /usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so failed: dlopen (/usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so) failed

The file definitely exists and is world readable as the following indicates.

[db@smaug:/usr/db] $ ls -l /usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 pgsql  pgsql  3826 Jul 25 05:04 /usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so
[db@smaug:/usr/db] $ file /usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so
/usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1, not stripped

The error message isn't very informative.  Is there some way to get more
information on why the load failed?

Thanks for any help.