Subject: Neighbour Discovery Bug?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1999 20:17:47
Tried to setup an unnumbered tunnel (gif v6 over v4) between netbsd-current and a
freebsd-2.2.8/Kame machine, and got into a bit of trouble on the netbsd machine.
The netbsd machine didn't manage to do neighbour discovery (of the freebsd machine
at the other end) over the tunnel interface (gif0). Got somehting like: ioctl not
supported for device message.

Solved my problem by numbering the tunnel-ends, but ND over unnumbered tunnels
should work, right? (it used to in Freebsd/kame and NetBSD-1.3/kame, I believe).

If more info is necessary to figure out what's going wrong, I'd be happy to
reproduce it and cut 'n paste some output...

Feico.