Subject: Re: rlogin connections closed with -current.
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1999 17:52:05
Simon Burge writes:
> I recently upgraded my work i386 to 1.4F (July 12 kernel sources and
> the July 5 ELF snapshot), and now rlogin's to the machine timeout after
> short time (a couple of hours).  As a experiment, I tried "date;rlogin
> machine;date" from both an Ultrix box and a NetBSD/i386 1.3.3 box a
> couple of times, and it regularly drops the connection after 2 hours 11
> minutes.
>
> [...]
>
> I also have a number of xterms running on the same box, and these don't
> have any problems.
>
> Any suggestions?

No, but I have been having the same problem with ssh since upgrading
my kernel after the IPv6 stuff (1.4D? 1.4E?). I have fully recompiled
everything (after upgrading to ELF), including ssh, to no avail. I
even tried explicitly turnig off IdleTimeout in sshd.config.

I suspect something in the IPv6 changes, but I'm not 100% sure.