Subject: Re: README: changes to the build system
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1999 10:31:38
On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 11:25:26AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> You really, really, really should stop talking about things you don't
> have facts on. You'll only confuse lots of people. You're wrong about
> the regulations, you're wrong about the current legal environment, and
> you're pretty much wrong about everything else.

Fine. PROVE IT.

I said, in the message that you didn't reply to, that I'd love to be proven
wrong. I would. I think this is a bad situation all the way around. I'd love
to see the whole applicability of ITAR to software go up in smoke. I believe
it's only hurting those of us in the USA.

I don't mind being shown I'm wrong. I object very strongly to being told to
shut up because I don't have all the facts without being pointed to the
facts. Who in the precise hell are you to tell me that?