Subject: Re: Caveat regarding switch to ELF and recent builds on i386...
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1999 15:00:19
They moved somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4; noticed the other day.

Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> It seems that at some point in the recent (?) past, nslookup, dig, and friends
> were moved from /usr/sbin to /usr/bin. I wasn't aware of this. /usr/sbin shows
> up before /usr/bin in my paths, typically, so when I type "nslookup" without
> a path, I get /usr/sbin/nslookup.
>
> This obviously was just a case of deleting the old stuff in /usr/sbin, but
> maybe knowing about it in advance will save someone some frustration if
> anyone else runs into this. <shrug> This would be especially annoying and
> pernicious for someone who makes use of any of these binaries in a script,
> using hard-coded paths.

Yeah, it should be noted somewhere ... Anyway, /usr/bin/ is IMO right
location for them.

--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde