Subject: Re: Promise Ultra33/66 PCI IDE controllers
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1999 10:28:51
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>The problem is that Promise Technology isn't very cooperative with free
>OSes. I've asked them for documentation about their products so that I could
>add support for them, but they never gave them to me.
>Someone else has the docs, but under NDA so they can't be used to write a
>driver distributed in sources.

Have you looked at the Highpoint HPT366?  I'm contemplating getting an
ABIT BP6 motherboard (dual S370, with a HPT366) in the hope that the SMP
project will get going.  From what I've gleaned from various newsgroups,
the UDMA66 channels don't seem to work under NT either (even with the
drivers) :-).

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |