Subject: Re: IPv4 and IPv6
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/1999 16:38:36
I was very pleased to see how easily the ipv6 stuff was to get set up.
A big thank-you it itojun for taking the time to put it into the
mainstream code!

The only crunchy parts came from the coincident ELF conversion.  All
the slave machines here are normally updated using rdist.  I untarred
the ELF binaries on each client machine by hand and rebooted yet I
still got hit with all of the clients wedging at the next rdist.  I
suspect that the problem was rdist trying to reuse inodes, when I'd
really have preferred something like tar's "--unlink".

> By the way, remember: you can get a v6-in-v4 tunnel to the 6bone from
> your home machine, so you can run v6 from home even though your ISP
> only runs v4.

Are there any admins out there that are willing to take on some
low-volume ipv6 leaf nodes?

I've tried sending a few msgs to the contacts listed in the 6bone
registry but haven't gotten a nibble yet.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/