Subject: Re: USB-printer -> system halt + data
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1999 20:49:58
* Lennart Augustsson (lennart@augustsson.net) [990706 20:27]:
> To get printing to work again, simple use your previous working kernel.
> (I can't believe you've installed a -current kernel without saving your
> old one.)

Well... I am building a new system nearly every day (as long as there aren't
things that require really special attention like the ELF-change) and therefor
my kernel changes as well. I keep my last four kernels. But according to the
date of my still existing usbd-file it seems that the switch to the in kernel
process occured on July, 1st and my oldest kernel is from the 4th. Besides:
Who can take the time to test _all_ possible things after building a new kernel?
Everything worked wonderfull. I just didn't use the printer for some days.

> > Stopped in usb0 at _usbd_close_pipe+0x7  movl  0xc(%ebx),%eax
> If you could do a tr at this point and copy down the names of the functions
> involved (don't bother with the arguments), it would be a great help.
>
> Please submit it as a bug report with send-pr.

Sure... Later this evening or tomorrow. Thanks...

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)