Subject: Re: Night madness?
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1999 08:58:35
On Jul 3, 11:10pm, David Maxwell wrote:
} On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 01:23:49PM -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
} > On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 10:13:33PM -0300, David Maxwell wrote:
} >
} > > On closer inspection, it seems to be a radio station,
} > > but the voices are too low/rough to identify.
} >
} > Back when my main machine was an Osborne 1 Portable running CP/M, I once was
} > listening to my favourite radio station at the time late into the night. The
} > radio station went off the air, finally, leaving nothing but static. After a
} > while, I noticed that the static wasn't as random as I'd have expected. The
} > static had sounds that varied based on what I was running - running different
} > things produced different (and reproducable) noises.
}
} Yes, with a uni-tasking machine, it's quite possible to learn to
} identify what program is running, based on the pattern of RF generated
} by the idle loop. I've never bothered trying with any multitasking
} OS, since theory tells me it won't work.

     At one point, the theory of aeronautics said that bees can't fly...

}-- End of excerpt from David Maxwell