Subject: Re: USB-printer -> system halt + data
To: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1999 00:54:26
Bjoern Labitzke wrote:

Sorry that printing no longer works (and that you lost your file).
To get printing to work again, simple use your previous working kernel.
(I can't believe you've installed a -current kernel without saving your
old one.)

> Sorry for the second followup. I need my printer, therefor I experimented
> a bit. At least I got an error message.
>
> I tried to print to my printer at ulpt0, this time with ghostscript. The
> kernel paniced and threw me in the debugger:
>
> kernel: page fault trap, code=0
> Stopped in usb0 at _usbd_close_pipe+0x7  movl  0xc(%ebx),%eax

If you could do a tr at this point and copy down the names of the functions
involved (don't bother with the arguments), it would be a great help.

Please submit it as a bug report with send-pr.

    -- Lennart