Subject: Re: NOTICE: i386 port switched to ELF binary format
To: None <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Gary Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/1999 15:07:20
   Sorry, I should have said that I has upgraded using the binary
sets. Basically, it seemed that the a.out binaries were trying to
load in the new ELF libraries instead of the ones in /emul/aout.
I even cleaned out all the a.out libraries from /usr/lib to be
safe, but it didn't help. One thing I didn't try but should have
was getting rid of /var/run/ld.so.hints. I got the same thing
whether I was running the GENERIC kernel from the snapshot or a
newly built kernel (with COMPAT_AOUT enabled by default.)

					Gary D. Duzan

In Message <Pine.NEB.4.10.9907051128430.10202-100000@pc1.whooppee.com> ,