Subject: Re: USB-printer -> system halt
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/1999 14:05:01
* Bjoern Labitzke (hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de) [990705 09:50]:
> system was a power cycle. (... and somehow I lost my file at this moment.
> After the power on only 0 bytes were left :-( )
>
> Ok, I guess I learned a bit from that.

Umm, before any questions arise: I know that the USB driver was not the
culprit concerning my file loss. It was rather my own carelessness. I found
-current THAT stable in the last months, that I thought crashs would be
improbable. As I thought it would be nice to save energy I configured my
disk to spin down after some minutes and used "update 1800" instead of
the normal "update 30". No problem, when the system is 100% stable. But
well, it IS -current and therefor not 100% stable and from Murphys law I
should have known that it would hit me at the worst possible moment.

Well, as I said: I have learned from that experience. And who is going to
explain me how to get my printing capability back?

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)