Subject: Re: (Off-topic) How to share a .Xauthority file?
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/1999 18:12:16
On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Gandhi woulda smacked you wrote:

> There should be a way to define -- for X -- an authority file, and depending
> upon what you're using to start your session, you either have to configure
> it in the xdm/Xservers file or in your .login/.profile file.

Yep, there's a -auth argument to the server.  But that doesn't specify
where to put the user's .Xauthority file, but rather it tells the server
where to get the information that xdm is passing down.  You can even set
this with an xdm resource,  but it doesn't help me much.  :(

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |