Subject: Re: Network install troubles
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/1999 15:08:18
This should have been obvious, but I didn't think of it until it
bit me...

The GENERIC kernel has the same limit/bug, so after the install was
all finished I had a system that didn't work.  I don't know what
it was hanging on, but I never got a prompt in response to the first
login.

I booted single user and used floppy-net (ugh) to install a working
kernel.  Fortunately, I had one handy.

What's the disadvantage of having NMBCLUSTERS too big?

Could this be fixed with some auto-magic (boot time) adjustment based
on the memory size or number of network cards?