Subject: Re: Night madness?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1999 11:21:59
On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 09:33:36AM -0400, John F. Woods wrote:

> One obvious way to catch the problem occurs to me:  compile a new kernel
> with an assert in the spkr driver.  Do a ps on the resulting crashdump
> to find the culprit.

Hm... Good thought. I haven't had it recur, though, since resetting my BIOS,
so I'll wait to do this. It's a neat idea.

> The string "spkr" does not appear in either the netbsd or linux
> versions of setiathome (at least the copies I've looked at), but that
> doesn't necessarily mean it's innocent.

I had this happen without setiathome running, so it's been exonerated. :)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.