Subject: Re: Night madness?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1999 05:26:41
On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 05:17:08AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   You weren't, umm, smoking anything interesting before heading to bed, were
> you? ;-)

I wish. Then I'd have an explanation. Right now it's between my computer being
haunted and mental breakdown on my part. I'd like more options than that. :P

Hmph. I'm up again, of course, as a consequence of the tune. It's a bit more
aurally interesting than anything I can feed into spkr0 by hand. I'm wondering
if something was damaged when the power went out, and is using some sort of
whack-o tune to notify me, kind of like the Mac chime of death, only with the
machine running normally from all appearances... I don't remember anything in
my motherboard's manual saying that it was going to croon to me when it feels
lonely or down, and it doesn't seem reasonable to think that anything not
directly part of the motherboard would be able to trigger something weird
like this.

Weird, weird...

Hm. I wonder if www.netbsd.org was singing to itself quietly when it decided
to close up shop all on its own... :P