Subject: Re: curses strangeness, Cannot fork messages
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/1999 10:31:07
According to Chris G. Demetriou:

>blymn@baea.com.au (Brett Lymn) writes:
>> The fact that vi grovels through the curses
>> internal data structures is somewhat of a concern to me.
>
>the "pseudo-function" macros in curses.h "groven through the curses
>internal data structures.
>
>You can't blame that on vi

OK - true.  Sorry about that.  Having dug through the vi code I was
quite willing to believe they did the grovelling themselves without
checking up.  My fault.

>(or ross's use of vi).

No I cannot blame his use of vi but the presumption that we did not
test the code simply because it broke under his usage pattern does
grate somewhat.  I was trying to point out that we all don't use the
tools in the same way and that if you can break something then an
automatic assumption of no testing is not a good line to take.