Subject: Re: ISO images for the FTP site?
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/1999 21:50:49
On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 06:46:36PM -0500, Bob Nestor wrote:

> On a side note, I'm not sure how useful it is to have the ISO images
> available for download on the FTP Server.  It's only practical for those
> with hi-speed access and use of a CD Writer since dial-up users (even at
> 56k) would take forever to download even one image.

Well... I see two things that make it seem worthwhile to me:

1) Folks are going to download that much anyway, just as seperate files.

2) This will make it dramatically easier for folks who want to either sell
NetBSD CDs or give them away or whatever. The WWW list has had at least a
couple requests for images, one of them today.

Your kind offer of a script that automates this stuff will no doubt be
pretty helpful if having ISO images becomes official policy. Thanks. :)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.