Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/1999 19:03:22
>"so"?  AFAIK, Digital UNIX didn't support CFB either...  Digital UNIX
>doesn't support half the boards we support, when plugged into alphas.
>8-)

>_if_ the hardware can work, we should support using it.  I say "if"
>because the one time i tried a PMAG-AA adapter in a 3000/300LX, I
>didn't end up with useful video output (I seem to recall that it
>didn't sync right).

It may assume some clock initialization by the firmware.  Which may
not work on an Alpha.  (you had the right monitor, or put the mono on
to green/sync, right?)

>However, if it's not a general problem, we should try to support it if
>we can.  (i.e. it's not right to just punt alpha support.)

Or to put it another way: we need a TC driver for the board for
pmaxes, and if its done `right' it should Just Work on all TC
machines.  pmaxes, alphas, vaxes (one day?).

Right now, tho, the keyboard driver mess may be a sticking point.