Subject: Re: compilation problem of wskbd.c
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/1999 02:09:40
   On Jun 22, 20:01, Matthias Drochner wrote:
   > Subject: Re: compilation problem of wskbd.c
   >
   > jam@pobox.com said:
   > > The problem seems to be at the line 766 of wskbd.c.  I guess "#ifdef
   > > WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD" should be "#if NWSDISPLAY
   > > 0 && defined(WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD)".
   >
   > Hmm - WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD doesn't make sense without
   > a wsdisplay, so the right thing is to remove the option
   > from the kernel configuration file. (The code could
   > catch it though...)

After eliminating all of "options WS*" stuff from the
configuration file, the kernel was compiled and worked well.
By the way, changing codes is welcome.  I agree with you.  I
hope the kernel should be compilable with a stupid (using
WS* stuff with NWSDISPLAY == 0 :-) configuration file.

   > > In addition, my configuration file is changed like
   > > following in order to configure without keyboard and VGA.
   >
   > I'm curious why wskbd.c is compiled at all. Is there perhaps
   > some "ukbd" left?

Thank you for the suggestion.  I didn't find the ukbd or
wskbd on the ukbd.  I also didn't find the ums or wsmouse on
the ums.  I eliminated both of them.  Then, wskbd.c is not
compiled now.

-- Kazushi
Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt.