Subject: Re: -current?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1999 19:35:23
Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> writes:

> : > /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gawk/../../dist/gawk/getopt.c: In function
> : > `_getopt_internal':
> : > /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gawk/../../dist/gawk/getopt.c:606: warning: type
> : > mismatch in implicit declaration for built-in function `strlen'
>
> : I'm just not sure what kind of fix would be
> : appropriate;
>
> Make getopt.c include <string.h> based on HAVE_STRING_H.

That occurred to me, but I ran into this in getopt.c:

#ifdef  __GNU_LIBRARY__
/* We want to avoid inclusion of string.h with non-GNU libraries
   because there are many ways it can cause trouble.
   On some systems, it contains special magic macros that don't work
   in GCC.  */
#include <string.h>

Apparantly they have some weird constraints that make that the wrong
answer.

	- Nathan