Subject: Re: -current?
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1999 11:27:09
<mikeride@prez.org> (Michael G. Schabert) writes:

> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gawk/../../dist/gawk/getopt.c: In function
> `_getopt_internal':
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gawk/../../dist/gawk/getopt.c:606: warning: type
> mismatch in implicit declaration for built-in function `strlen'

	I've been seeing this as well. I believe our gcc internally
prototypes strlen as 'size_t strlen(char *)', and size_t is a ulong; of
course, the default implicit declaration has an int return type, so
this doesn't match. I'm just not sure what kind of fix would be
appropriate; whatever it is should be submittable back to the FSF, so
just throwing in "#include <string.h>" isn't it, even if it's wrapped
with ifdefs. I need to do some more digging on this.

	- Nathan