Subject: Re: SETI@home clients being built
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/1999 01:05:17
On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Thilo Manske wrote:

> The ARM700 could be enhanced with the FPA 11, the ARM7500*F*s have an
> FPU builtin, but all ARM*10s and SA*10s don't even have coprocessor
> busses (wich means don't support optional FP[UA]s).

The number of ARM700+FPA11 modules in existance is numbered in single
digits..
There are more of the 7500FE CPU's around that NetBSD does support
(e.g. A7000+) but offhand I don't actually know anyone running NetBSD on
one.
However not sure how a 56MHz 7500FE with FP instructions compares against
a 233MHz SA110 with software FP.

Cheers,
				Mark