Subject: Re: SETI@home clients being built
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 06/20/1999 03:17:30
On Sat, Jun 19, 1999 at 05:43:05PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> I think there is an optional hardware floating point frob that can
> be glued on somehow... IIRC, that's why there are floating point
> INSNs (which the kernel used to emulate, before it was all thrown
> into the arm32 libc, right?)
Well, for the ARM2 and ARM3 (wich NetBSD doesn't support (no MMU, only
26 bit modes)) there was some kind of podule (IIRC it was Weitek based)
and the FPA 10.

The ARM700 could be enhanced with the FPA 11, the ARM7500*F*s have an
FPU builtin, but all ARM*10s and SA*10s don't even have coprocessor
busses (wich means don't support optional FP[UA]s).
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.