Subject: sup and make
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/16/1999 10:47:59
I have started using sup to maintain a NetBSD source tree. A problem I
can forsee is that the sup'ed files have there original mtime, which
could be older than the corresponding object files (or other dependant
files). What I would like is to be able to do a sup and a make and
have only the changed files recompiled.

One solution would be to have a make option which said, use ctime
instead of mtime when determining if newer.

Is there a better solution? Would anon CVS fix this? How is anon CVS
coming along anyway. The last discussion I can find on this is over six
months ago when it was "RSN".

Ian