Subject: Re: Is the current more slowly?
To: HEO SeonMeyong <seirios@Matrix.IRI.Co.Jp>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/1999 09:03:12
Hello,

> 	Is NetBSD-current 1999-06-14 more slowly?
> 	I use Netbsd-current on i386(DELL Latitude CPi D300-XT
> 	(P2 300MHz)), and I *feel* now current is more slowly than
> 	1999-05-22.

I have the impression too, althoug I can't name a date. Do you happen to
use IDE disks? I *think* (e.g. can't prove nor know for sure) that
a cvs checkout for e.g. pkgsrc started to slow down immensly after
Manuel did changes to support another flag for wd (IDE drives, dunno
what the feature was). But then again this is just my impression.
This is on a Toshiba Tecra 500 CDT with a 2 gig ide disk.

Greets
      Thorsten