Subject: Re: cheap RAID?
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1999 11:52:49
On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Edwin Foo wrote:

# I've been trying to set up a NetBSD mail/web server for a non-profit I'm
# doing some pro bono work for, and I have run up against a performance
# problem. Basically, the IMAP server seems to take forever for large
# mailboxes. I think it is an I/O problem, so I'm looking for a cheap RAID
# or otherwise fast I/O solution. Cost is of the essence.

	What's a large mailbox?  A large number of messages, or just large
messages?  Have you tried Cyrus?  My recommendation would be to not ever
use an IDE disk anywhere, and try out Cyrus.

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>