Subject: Re: krb5 integration proposal
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1999 23:18:10
On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 11:58:48AM +1000, matthew green wrote:
>    1) Move all exportable code and headers out of /usr/src/domestic.
>    	compile_et
>    	limcom_err
>    	mk_cmds
>    	libdyn
>
> i assume you mean moving these to the master repository?  unless you
> can provide an convincing argument that these are genuinely useful
> beyond their needs for kerberos, _please_ don't do this.

It's not a very good reason, but the reason I had was just to simplify
the initial make/make install process..  Actually, I've kind of lost
track of why I put this in the proposal..  I may have cleaned up around
the reason I had for it so that it's no longer remotely necessary..
Consider this part scratched.

> also, don't you mean to use `crypto-us' not `domestic' ?  it would be
> helpful to use the new terminology :-)

I was kind of waiting for the future of cryptography in NetBSD to settle
down a bit before committing to anything. :-)
I'd rather not be the person to do the necessary CVS magic to rename the
hierarchy 'crypto-us'.

>    	Perhaps this directory should be domestic/dist/krb5?
>
> using a `dist' strategy would be winning.

OK..

>    6) Make krb4 a package (to help with people upgrading from k4, at least..)
>
> shouldn't you do this first, really, before breaking anything? :-)

Yes. :-)

Thanks for the feedback..
--aidan