Subject: Re: krb5 integration proposal
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1999 22:35:17
>Stuff that looks troublesome:
>GSSRPC.  On Ken Hornstein's advice, I've given up trying to merge libc's
>rpc implementation with krb5's gssrpc implementation..  There will be two
>RPC libraries installed on the system. (one of which is libc.)

BTW, there _is_ a reason for this.  It turns out the GSSRPC that
comes with Kerberos 5 is essentially only useful for talking to
the Kerberos 5 admin server (it doesn't follow the GSSRPC spec, so
it's not useful for, say, GSSRPC authenticated NFS).  This is a
pisser, but I don't think it's something that should hold up Kerberos
5 integration (I just got an underling here at NRL to work on
various Kerberos things, and I think I'll give him this as a task
to do down the road when he's up to speed).

--Ken