Subject: Re: lfs_cleanerd
To: None <luke@eed.miee.ru>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/1999 00:53:57
luke@eed.miee.ru (Oleg Polyanski) writes:

>	I've noticed abnormal `lfs_cleanerd' behavior.  after mounting an lfs
>volume (it doesn't matter whether file  system is empty  or filled with data)
>`lfs_cleanerd' starts to  eat enormous amount of  memory, up to all available
>virtual memory (the most  was   about 100Mb).  `/var/adm/messages'   contains
>following (the  most interesting is that  `lfs_cleanerd' complains even if fs
>was just created with newlfs):

>Jun  2 19:19:33 dazzle lfs_cleanerd[7750]: only 22 segment summaries in seg 161 (expected 30)
>Jun  2 19:19:33 dazzle lfs_cleanerd[7750]: clean_segment: lfs_segmapv failed for segment 161
>Jun  2 19:19:33 dazzle lfs_cleanerd[7750]: clean_segment failed segment 161: No such file or directory

>	the only solution is to unmount an lfs volume.

>	any ideas?

Could you send-pr the above part of your message along with the disklabel
of that disk (and an indication which partition the LFS was on if it isn't
obvious) and the output from dumplfs up to the "IFILE contents" after you
newfs_lfs'ed the filesystem?

That should allow to recreate the problem.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)