Subject: Re: CVS commit: sharesrc
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/1999 15:43:56
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Leo Weppelman wrote:

: But, are you now telling me (us) that we shouldn't fix typo's in copyrights
: that we do not (partly) own? This makes the copyright-cleanup started by
: Paul some orders of magnitude bigger than (I think) necessary. But IANAL...

Well, typos seem to be on the borderline, but third party copyrights are
still from a third party (we didn't create them).  We should *not* modify
copyright notices that are part of third party files.

However, as before, TNGF-assigned copyright notices are fine to change,
since all developers are `part of TNF'.