Subject: Problems building XEmacs 20.4 on Mac68k
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/1999 11:51:44
I'm trying to install XEmacs on my NetBSD/Mac68k system, and ran into a
couple problems.

First, for some reason, the configure process doesn't properly indicate
that getpgrp(2) takes no arguments.  It doesn't set GETPGRP_VOID in the
config.h file:

	cc -c -O2  -Demacs -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/pkg/include
	-I/usr/X11R6/include process.c
	process.c: In function `create_process':
	process.c:999: too many arguments to function `getpgrp'

I've managed to work around this by manually editting src/config.h ...

So, it gets past that point, and then I run into this error (manually
wrapped for readability):

	EMACSLOADPATH="/usr/src/pkgsrc/editors/xemacs20/work/xemacs-20.4/src/..\
	/lisp/prim" ./temacs -batch -l ../prim/update-elc.el
	/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_crc32" in \
	temacs:/usr/pkg/lib/libpng.so.1.1

Now, I've gone and rebuilt libpng just to be certain, and I verified the
build of temacs, and everything looks good.

So, what have I done wrong?  I've installed the identical package on
both of my i386 NetBSD machines with no issues!

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |