Subject: Re: NFS v3 mount from Solaris
To: Skeelo <skeelo@white-dwarf.flame.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 05/28/1999 10:26:59
On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 09:53:36PM -0400, Skeelo wrote:
> I've recently been bit by a bug listed here
> <http://www.openbsd.com/errata24.html> "Inappropriate file type or format"
> when mounting a nfs filesystem from a solaris server. Do we have a similar
> fix for this or has it not come up before? (I couldn't find anything
> related in the gnats database.)

It hasn't been mentioned before for NetBSD, though I'd heard about it
before in another context. So, we don't have a fix for it yet. You can
probably just apply the OpenBSD patch. I'll take that patch too, see
what it does, and will test it with a Solaris 7 server sometime this
weekend, after which I'll check in a fix.

- Frank