Subject: Re: USB Ethernet interface
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1999 11:44:13
On Wed, 19 May 1999, Erik E. Fair wrote:

# USB tops out at 12 Mb/s. Ethernet is 10 Mb/s. Strikes me that USB can
# reasonably support two of these with relatively unloaded networks
# attached...

	Ethernet is 10Mbps theoretically.  You'll rarely see that on a
real network.  The fastest DSL connection I can get is 144kbps (damn Santa
Clara), so it's fine.  :)  I'm more interested in making sure that the
networks are isolated than efficient.  :)

# Remember: users/uses always expand to fill all available disk space,
# bandwidth, and consume all available CPU cycles.
#
# 	Erik <fair@clock.org>
#
#

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>