Subject: Re: Porting code with switch/case on mount type (was int)
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/1999 23:08:05
On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 05:48:09PM -0700, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca> writes:
> > Probably not a problem, unless I put in support for all the FS types that
> > aren't in the code yet too.
>
> Realistically, operations on FS type names shouldn't happen often
> enough that you need to worry about efficiency.

True. I misphrased that. I meant to say 'even if I add support for all
our FS types, only certain programs would suffer.'

> > This is for a native NetBSD m3 compiler.
> Feh, you're going to take away a flame war topic?!  How could you?

Easy. And I'll recommend now that we rewrite /etc/rc in m3, and
move to an /etc/rc.d/ model, if that helps? ;-)

Actually. I hope to get a native i386 version working, then start
cross-compiling native compilers for the other archs I have.

I'll let people know when I've got something real to speak of.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,