Subject: Re: Porting code with switch/case on mount type (was int)
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/1999 21:45:20
On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 02:35:02PM -0700, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) writes:
> > In article <19990517171041.A23129@fundy.ca> david@fundy.ca (David Maxwell) writes:
> > >I see that our first argument to mount is a const char now, (not sure when
>
> FYI, the change was made ... a _long_ time ago.  from the cvs log of
> vfs_syscalls.c:
>
> revision 1.19
> date: 1994/04/14 04:05:32;  author: cgd;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
> fs types are names now; accompanying changes.
>
> wow, more than 5 years ago, in fact.

I had no idea how long, I just saw the delta between us and FreeBSD.
Doesn't surprise me one bit :-)

> > Dunno, if (strcmp(..) == 0) {
> >        } else if (strcmp(..) == 0) {
> >        } ...

That was the obvious one, I just thought there may have been a compatibility
function around, or an example of a hash etc that was needed elsewhere

> if you have some weird performance needs, you could use a hash
> function/table or something, but that's always seemed like overkill to
> me.

Probably not a problem, unless I put in support for all the FS types that
aren't in the code yet too.

This is for a native NetBSD m3 compiler.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,