Subject: Re: wscons and serial console - READ THIS
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/1999 19:43:43
lennart@augustsson.net said:
> After booting and having wskbd0 glued to the display I tried opus#
> wsconscfg -k 1 wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_SETKEYBOARD: Device busy

I guess wscons is the system console on your box.
For now, I've protected the system console from any manipulation
because this might have side effects and I can't test it here.
(Having DDB always working is of highest value for me.)
If you want you can remove the check for sc_isconsole in
wskbd_set_display() and try out all kinds of manipulations.
(You must disconnect the old kbd before connecting the new however.
Better do it from a telnet session...)

My next plan was to turn the single pointer to a keyboard within
wscons into a list. You said you have some ideas about handling
of different keyboards - anything which is of concern here?

best regards
Matthias