Subject: Re: CD to mpeg3
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1999 10:50:40
On Sat, 15 May 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

	There are legal problems with distributing mp3 encoders, at least
in source.

// Today's stupid question...
//
// What's the best way to get an audio CD to mpeg3 format?  Seems that the
// only tool in pkgsrc for lifting info off a CD is "cdd", but I can't
// find a converter from whatever format it produces to mpeg3 (or wav or
// anything else useful).  The archives mention "cdda2wav" but that doesn't
// work for me ("Cannot get SCSI addr" after hacking to use the new atapi
// CD ioctls).
//
// This is on an i386 (PII-400) 1.4ALPHA with a Teac IDE CD-532E-A cdrom
// drive.
//
// Simon.
//
//

--
Principal Member Technical Staff, beyond.com    The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>