Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1999 14:12:22
In message <Pine.NEB.4.02.9905041302050.5971-100000@starwolf.starwolf.com>,
Gandh i woulda smacked you writes:

>Folks, I think we are hitting one of those "agree to disagree" kind
>of things.
>
>Why doesn't someone who's a good porter port the damn thing to C
>or (uck) C++ (it might be necessary) and be done with it?  Then it would
>run everywhere.  I find it hard to believe that C(++) "just doesn't
>do this sort of thing".

Yeah, except the design revolves around using threads to avoid
blocking. That, and there was some concern that CVSup is more an
implementation than a protocol (i.e., the Modula-3 author might make
changes which break interoperability with the c++ version).

But... yes, now you're considering the issues I've been yelling about.