Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/1999 19:01:08
In message <199905040032.RAA01565@Cup.DSG.Stanford.EDU>, Jonathan Stone writes:
>No, Greg.  *you* want to make a modula-3 based service part of NetBSD,
>*you* get to pony up with the resources to make it availab on all ports.

I don't understand why offering a service like this necessitates it
becoming 'part of NetBSD'.  The NetBSD Foundation offers an 'official'
and 'supported' HTTP service which goes by the name of
www.NetBSD.ORG.  This service happens to be implemented using Apache,
which, AFAIK, runs on all available NetBSD platforms.  However, if
Apache were not available on all supported platforms, would that
preclude using it for this service?

By that reasoning, it seems that it would not be possible to use
PostgreSQL to implement any database functionaly for this 'official'
and 'supported' service, because it doesn't run on alpha or mips.