Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/1999 17:56:01
woods@most.weird.com (Greg A. Woods) writes:
> In addition there's nothing anywhere I can find in the published NetBSD
> goals that says a tool has to be 100% ported before it can be used to
> offer services under the netbsd.org name.

I may have missed something here, but:

are there _any_ implementations of m3 which are capable of running
CVSup which run natively (i.e. not under emulation) on _any_ netbsd
platform?  (Last i checked, at least SRC m3 ran on no NetBSD platforms,
but I haven't checked since before I left Digital 8-9 months ago.)

Note also that there's a big difference between a simple piece of
software and a language that needs to be ported to run a somewhat
complex piece of software to access a service.

To be honest, i wouldn't start advocating a NetBSD CVSup service
until, say, half of the architectures NetBSD supports have a working
native m3 implementation capable of running it.

cgd