Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/01/1999 15:42:25
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> You're not hearing one side of the argument.
>
> >This whole argument against it is silly.
>
> Not at all (can I guess you run ports which does run CVSup?)
> but I'll concede the *argument* itself is silly :)

I run i386, and arm32.  Do I care that the arm32 can't run it?  Yes.
Will that stop me from thinking that for those who can run it, it is a
good thing?  No.

We're not talking about a critical path here.  There are other ways to
get the same, exact data.  sup isn't perfect, and anon cvs isn't there
yet, but those are the paths anyone can use.  CVSup is just an
alternative for those who can use it.

--Michael