Subject: Re: CVSup collections for a NetBSD CVS tree
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1999 19:22:28
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [snip]
>
> If you *want* to use CVSup, but don't have a platform on which it works,
> then that's an entirely different problem, and one that has at least
> three obvious solutions:  1) scrounge up a junk PC (or other machine
> which will run it already); 2) port M3 and CVSup to your existing
> machine(s); or 3) convince someone else to port M3 and CVSup to your
> platform.
>
> If you don't want to use CVSup, then just get out of the way.

Your points are all well taken.  Still, I don't think I see anyone here
biased against CVSup in concept or its abilities.  I think everyone here
sees it as a good thing, which is precisely why people are frustrated.
CVSup would be a better thing if we could ALL share in the fun. You're
right in pointing out that this certainly doesn't preclude its use on the
platforms upon which it is supported.

However those observations do not preclude the right to say, or for
that matter the undeniable correctness of the statement:

 "Damnit. If those quiche-eating bozos had only written this in C, then
  all of our systems would've benefited from the glorious creature that
  is CVSup."

-brian.
---