Subject: Re: vt420 login problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1999 20:36:56
John Darrow <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu> typed:
:In article <E10cpjj-0006D2-00@quartz.newn.cam.ac.uk> you write:
::When logging into a NetBSD-1.4_BETA/i386 of 27 Apr from a digital VT420
::terminal, telnetd accepts the username correctly, then presumably invokes
::login which prompts for the password. Now "return" is no longer recognised,
::though it was by telnetd for the username. Using ^J instead of return gets
::the password into login, but it is rejected, and telnetd puts up a new login:
::prompt. Do any of you have some words of wisdom?
:Check your parity settings.  This is a common symptom of parity mismatch.

Ah, you're not entering the username at the login prompt but passing it
via some other way?  If so, try ^M^J (or maybe it's ^J^M) after entering
your password.  I have to do something like this from my Wyse dumb term
since I don't want translation of return at other times during the session.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : (Australia) 0413 431 874 <<<new
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/